Your views welcomed on our potential Engineering Sustainable Transport event question:
What is the best way to move loads of people, goods, services and supplies in to, out of or around Sheffield and South Yorkshire in a low carbon/pollution environment without congestion, aggravation or breaking the bank?
Issues which could be raised at our event may include:
- how the future landscape of Sheffield’s sustainable transport system may look in 25-30 years;
- how we move loads of people, goods, services and supplies in to, out of and around the City in a low carbon, reduced pollution environment without congestion or aggravation and increase our well-being?
- Other potential issues to consider may well also be:
- Pollution, congestion, infrastructure, air quality,
- Methods of transport: tram, roads, railways, shipping,
- Getting people about on a low carbon agenda;
- Freight of goods, cost with legislation and savings.
- Logistics, commuting patterns, proximity to workplace, increase take up of public transport.
- Reduced local travel to meet emission targets but increasing airport traffic to support the economy.
- Ageing infrastructure of railways; increase use of waterways
- How can we change the infrastructure? What sort of infrastructure do we need?