With one event aim being to stimulate you, our audience, our event experts have been beavering away to develop a question they believed would inspire you to rise to the challenge. I think they’ve done just that with our revamped question and the plethora of issues explored in the process:
Can you afford to Turbo-Charge your home?
What’s the cheapest route to saving money on/in your home?
- concepts of sustainability and affordability are so inextricably dependent that one must exist with the other.
- Excessive use of “sustainability”/derivatives” are an all-round overkill/turn-off.
- Issues and concerns raised in our lively debates focused around:
- Making mass housing affordable and sustainable
- Golden Rule
- Energy saving
- Economics of retrofitting
- Carbon footpritnt
- UK energy heat and water consumption
- Eco for hard to treat homes
- Need for more efficient homes
- Grid – time of use
- HMG lm housing
- Energy Saving Trust work and outputs
- Level of investment required – £200 billion grid investment
- Making more effective use of grid and related resources
- Close relationship between manufacturing
- Smart technology
- Ebay energy with apps – consumer buying and selling
- Robotics to insulate hard to reach parts of housing
- Teaching people how to do it themselves with uploaded videos on Youtube