Budget cuts and increasing pressure on services since HMG’s 50% austerity programme for local authority service delivery, Sheffield City Council are setting their 2014-15 budget and invite you, as someone who lives or works in Sheffield, to help plan the future with specific ideas and suggestions about what they could do differently to ensure their planned proposals are fair and sustainable. They would like people to understand the challenges facing Local Government and endorse their overall strategic plans which will be outlined in its final budget proposals set to be approved by full Council on 7 March 2014.
The Council’s framework and priorities for Sheffield, the people who live and work here are:
- Improving people’s health and wellbeing
- Successful Children and Young People
- Making Sheffield a Great Place to Live and increasing the number of homes
- Maintaining low levels of crime and anti-social behaviour
- Supporting businesses and repositioning Sheffield’s economy
- Increasing the vibrancy of the city
- Being an environmentally responsible city
- Reducing poverty and social injustice.
Presentation event downloads for 15th January outlines the overall challenge, progress made since September 2013 and approach for each priority outcome: Budget Presentation Jan2014 (PDF, 1977 KB) and overview of each Outcome Areas to download below.
- 1. Introduction to our budget narratives (PDF, 298 KB)
- 2. Better Health & Wellbeing (PDF, 476 KB)
- 3. Competitive City (PDF, 382 KB)
- 4. Great Place to Live (PDF, 387 KB)
- 5. Safe & Secure Communities (PDF, 468 KB)
- 6. Successful Young People (PDF, 411 KB)
- 7. Tackling Poverty and Increasing Social Justice (PDF, 396 KB)
- 8. Corporate Services (PDF, 392
- Budget consultation event feedback Jan 2014 (DOCX, 58 KB)